Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Alveolar Disease
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Alveolar Disease

Hi Everyone,
I am freaking out and I don't know what to do---- I went in to have just a plain ol' X-ray of my chest so I could start working at this new job-- they couldn't do a PPD test on me to see if I had TB because my doctor had just given me a MMR shot and you can't do the PPD until 4 wks have passed, so the best way was to do the X-ray-- well, I'm 42 and a dummy because I smoke but have been wanting to quit- have in the past then I'd start up again.  I'm so stressed out because I'm going thru this nasty divorce and then I get this X-ray report that states:

There is some parenchymal density at the left lung base with linear components.  This may reporesent some chronic scarring of the lingula but I cannot exclude a component of alveolar disease.  
Impression:  Some parenchymal density of the left lung base which probably represents some atelectasis or scarring involving the lingula.  Comparison with prior studies would be useful to document stability along with clinical correlation.

**What the heck does all this mean??? I've been searching the web for an hour now and I'm freaking out-- do I have lung cancer?? one thing said a pnenomia (opps) and lung collapse???

If anyone can tell me what this means and what I should be doing please help.

Thank you,
Treebabie