Respiratory Disorders Community
Answers that might help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Answers that might help

In relation to the tight breathing symptoms I have got it again. I first got this 30 years ago and aftermucg effort finally found the answer. I treat pain so know the body well and can release most tightness but this one had me stumped for a while. Had the chest X ray and nothing showed and doctor said it was probably stress but it had physical roots. I caused it initially by doing the yoga pose where you lay on your baand put your feet bac over your head so they touch he floor. I stayed there abou5 minutes and the next day had thios breathng problem.

Anyway the short answer was I fixed it with deep stomach massage. I worked out it was a locked up stomach muscle stopping my diaphram mving properly but with one stomach massage so far this time it hasn't resolved. I will do another tomorrow.

Same symptoms as everyone else, this time I think I caused it smoking a bong and pulling it for too long to get the lastof the smoke. Silly I know but it was someting Idid for years when I was younger an occasionally like a binge.

Anyway try the deep stomach massage if you hav this problem and see how you go.

Another one for chest pain that isn't a heart problem is from a spasm on the nerve running along the sternocleodamastoid muscle at the front of the neck. If you find ths nerve you can mimmick the pain but searching along it you can find a small spasm and releasing it with holding pressure gives you insant relief. Hope that one helps those posters who mention it.

This discussion is related to shortness of breath/chest tightness with no other symptoms.