Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Asthma?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Asthma?

Thank you so much for your help with my problems, i do have some more questions . I saw my doctor last week and i was diagnosed with Hrad ,he put me on pulmicort once a day and singuliar and set one more visit and siad that no more control is needed,/after 2 week i dont feel much better, especially at evening it gets pretty bad/ my breathing test was generaly good all above normal but i had 7 % reversability after inhaled asthma medicine. I was reading alot of post on this site and it was said that asthma can be diagnosed when there is 20%.Would 7% mean asthma? Should i see another doctor? Also when i was thinking about my symptoms i remebered that it not the first time things like that happend to me , it might not been that obvious like this time but i had some episodes of shortnes of breath particulary started with lots of phlegm and burning feeling in my chest and throat then my lungs were  sticking together making it hard to breath  but there was always burning pain in my chest and lungs, would that be due to asthma or should i check for allergies as well cuz most of symptoms i had usually started at spring or summer time , also they always go away at night time .
Please help me . thank you.
Id also like to ask about irreversible lung changes due to asthma , how bad it can get , and does it really make your life terrible?
Infections can cause inflammation of the airways of the lungs.  Usually when this occurs, you may cough when you are active or laugh.  This inflammation can cause shortness of breath, lots of phlegm, and a burning feeling in the chest.  After the cold is gone, it is possible for the inflammation to linger.  This inflammation can last for several weeks.  Sometimes this inflammation may linger for 3 to 6 months.  Eventually the inflammation will go away, and then the shortness of breath, lots of phlegm, and burning feeling in the chest will stop.  This is called reactive airways disease (RAD) and behaves a lot like asthma.  On a simple breathing test, called spirometry, this may not show up.  This inflammation often clears more quickly when it is treated with an inhaled steroid medicine like Pulmicort Turbuhaler
I forgot to add and all of it i feel only on right side of my lung sometimes it feels like inside of my right ear thrue my nose throat and lungs are going into spasm and it all getting sore like with cold. Thank you
Id also like to ask for how long since person stop smoking there is still a danger of developing copd?