Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Back Pain while breathing

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Back Pain while breathing

For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing severe back pain that gets to the point that I have to take shallow breaths to keep the pain down.  I had a chest x-ray last week that is showing "something" on my right lung but they're not sure what it is.  While my doctor feels that it is a growth on my lung causing the pain, they are recommending an antibiotic for pneumonia first to rule that out before they do a CT scan.  I have had no fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other symptom other than the back pain.  The pain is usually better in the morning, but once I've been up for a while gets worse as the day goes on.  My question is, could it still be pneumonia without having any of the regular pneumonia symptoms?
It could still be pneumonia without having any of the regular pneumonia symptoms.  Following your treatment with the antibiotic, your chest x-ray should be clear and your back pain should be gone.  If either the infiltrate or pain persists, you must have further testing and a CT scan would be a good start.
Avatar n tn
backpain: i too have had backpain continually getting worse over the last year. doctor took x-ray and radiologist said there was a small focal area of infiltrate / inferior lingular segment. ordered a ct scan immediately. not sure what infiltrate is but the doc answering your question said that if pain or infiltrate persists ct scan good start. if you could help me to figure out what the infiltrate word in this sentence would mean in laymans terms. please i plead w/anyone to answer or help in this matter.......gettin shorter of breath also....
A related discussion, causes & effect was started.
A related discussion, Back pain whilst breathing was started.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, hurts when i breathe in was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker