Respiratory Disorders Community
Back pain whilst breathing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Back pain whilst breathing

Seen by my doctor after having pain whilst breathing in the middle part of my back for two days. Was put onto Amoxicillin 500mg for 7 days and asked to go and have a chest x-ray, also taking pain killers to help. 3rd day of Anti-biotics and symptons feel worse, pain in back is more severe whilst breathing and unable to sleep at night properly as very painful to move etc. Doctor prescribed stronger pain killers but cannot find any noise when checking over my lungs. I am very worried indeed as the x-ray hasnt come back to the doctors as i havnt experianced pain like this before whilst breathing in. Any help or advice as to what this can be, i should be going away on holiday in 9 days time and the way i feel i really dont want to go :(.

This discussion is related to Back Pain while breathing.
Hi there,
I sure hope your pain subsides soon.
I have had the same symptoms (not quite as painful) and I went to the dr. Monday. He told me after listening to my lungs I have pleurisy. I was sent for a chest xray and have not heard anything as of today.
Did the dr. tell you you had pleurisy? That is what the symptoms are. I read on the internet (big mistake!!!) that pleurisy is the underlying cause of something else. Usually a viral infection and possible a few other things. I was not put on antibiotics but was given pain killers and anti-inflammatory. Have not taken either.
He did tell me the pain would get worse before it got better so hopefully you are almost there. I sure hope so. Please feel free to contact me anytime. Again, feel better soon:-)
Katie
I am currently having severe chest pain when taking a deep breath .  I also am in pain sitting up or just trying to move.  I thought it was my spine ( as I have kyphoscoliosis)  .  Saw the internist last week and had a chest x-ray, was told my lungs were very tiny and were possibly being crushed by my spine and rib cage.  Later in the week, I got a call from Dr.'s nurse and told there was something onthe left lung and the trachea needed to be looked at.  They put me on a sliding scale of prednisone, and set me up to get a cat scan of the chest.  I am very sore in my breast bone and rib cage.  The pain and shortness of breath are becoming worse.  I am in so much pain I started crying at the hospital today. while getting the cat scan.  Now, I wait for the results and pray for relief.  I will hope and pray for you to get answers and relief also.