Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Bad Chest Pain, can't sleep or breath well, what do I do??

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Alright, I am a 22 year old female college student, overweight for my age, and have pretty bad anxiety, accompanied with heart palputations. I take 100mg of zoloft a day accompanies by 2mg zanex. But in the last three days, I have been experiencing chest pains, like a dull pain in the center of my chest at all times, but gets much worse when I breath in. Over the last day, it has become increasingly harder to breath, and more painful in the left side than the right.. Also, I feel as though my throat is too small, like there is a ball in it or something. I can't sleep because if I lay down my chest feels like it is pumping really hard, andI have extreme pain all throughout it. also feel some pain in back of neck to between the shulderblades when I breath in. Have been feeling very tired for the last week or so, lightheadedness, dizziness, and headache... Do you think all thisis related to anxiety, or is it something respiratorial? I have very little money, so another hospital trip is something I truly cannot offord unless it is extrememly important (since I have been to the hospital twice this year via 911 call thinking I was having a heart attack when it was just severe anxiety, hyperventilation, and heart palputations, all cardio tests came back fine except for fast rates) what do I do, what could it be? I'm scared.... Thanks for your time
Krystalrose
It is scary when you are not sure if your symptoms are due to anxiety or a problem with your heart or your lungs.  To find out the nature of the problem that is causing your symptoms a thorough physical exam needs to be done.  A chest x-ray is a good place to start to see if a lung problem is the cause.

Chest pain that worsens with breathing can be due to either a problem in the:  
1 Comment
Iv been getting chest pain near my ribs I have been drinking lots off water but everytime I try and sleep the pain is always there soon as I open my eyes the pain slowly drifts off any help?