Respiratory Disorders Community
Bad smell coming from nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Bad smell coming from nose

I smell the same smell all the time.  It has gotten worse every day.  I have noticed this for the past month.  I also have been very weak and my doctor has given me predisone and some antibatic's because he says that I had Pnamonia.  My legs started swelling up and he said I needed water pills.  I finely got rid of the swelling in my legs.  I have been sick for about two months and have had a lot of tests.  My doctor is good, but today I decided that this smell really got bad and Im making an appointment with him for tomorrow.  I hate this smell and I also have COPD.  I don't smoke and haven't for over 20 years.  I have been keeping my breathing good with medicine.  All of a sudden I have been having problems breathing with this.  If you can help me with this smell thing and breathing problem I would really apprecate this.
IT'S YOUR SINUS,I HAD THAT PROBLEM FOR 9 YEARS,IT WAS DUE TO A INJURY TO MY NOSE,THAT I OVERLOOKED THAT HAD BECAME INFECTED,WHICH BECAME FUNGAL,BUT WASNT TREATED.I WAS SMELL MY OWN FUNGAL AND BREATHING OUT FUNGAL.WHICH IS A FOUL SMELL,OTHERS SMELL IT AND WILL SHOW SIGNS,IT HAS BEEN THE MOST EMBARRASSING 9 YEARS OF MY LIFE.WELL I WENT TO SEE AN ENT SPECIALIST,BECAUSE I ALSO HAD A DRAINAGE FROM SINUS CAUSING ME PROBLEMS WHEN I SLEEP,BREATH WAS FOUL IN THE MORNING.MY DOCTOR CHECKED AND SAID I HAD CHRONIC SINISITIUS,AND I WAS SMELLING MY OWN INFECTION,HE GAVE ME ANTIBIOTICS,AND I HAD TO HAVE A CT SCAN.WELL SURGERY WAS PERFORMED AFTER FINDINGS.WHEN THEY DID THE SURGERY THE ODOR HAS 85% GONE,BECAUSE IT STILL HEALING.I DONT SMELL THAT FOUL SMELL BY ME,AROUND ME,OR WHEN I STEP OUT INTO FRESH AIR ANY MORE.MY DOCTOR IS IN CHICAGO.ENT DR.PAUL JONES THE BEST ENT DOCTOR IN THE WORLD.
I have it too, and it's terrible. It gets worse when I have pain in my right palate and my molar gets loose. I understand these are symptoms of peridontal disease but I can't find anything linking peridontal disease to sinusitis. I took a full course of flagyl and the smell went away for about a month, but its has recently returned. It's as people describe; there's an intermittent strong odor of dead cat or similar rotting flesh smell. How can there be no permanent solution for this?