Respiratory Disorders Community
Bad smell from nose after swallowing?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Bad smell from nose after swallowing?

Hello,all.First,I'm sorry,but I am not a native English speaker.  
I've had a problem with my nose for a very long time,3 or 4 years for sure.Each time I swallow,I feel bad smell coming from either the back of my throat or the back of my nose.And that smell can be felt by others after I breathe out.I have felt it myself and observed some people's reactions.The smell stays even after I chew gum,have washed my teeth and feel my mouth breath relatively fresh.I tried gargling with water+salt.but nothing comes out of my throat,no phlegms at all,I feel as if the phlegms can't be reached by the salt water,but they are constantly there, somewhere.The smell from my nose becomes worse when i have bad taste in my mouth if under stress or hungry.In such cases I believe the smell can be felt by others after every exhaling.Once I thought that it's normal for everybody to emit bad smell from their nose after swallowing,but apparently,it's not.Moreover,I had a problem with my nose about 2 years ago for about 10 months.I felt as if something was literally blocking my nose from the inside,but I didn't have a runny nose or anything,just that feeling there is something inside and the snoring,too.I never went to the doctor,because I was 17 at that time and though he would say I am imagining it.However,I plan to go to the doctor as soon as I can. Meanwhile,does my problem sound familiar to any of you?I know there are similar smell-related questions in the forum,but I couldn't find information on the swallowing thing.Thank you for your answers,I appreciate it!

Hello there im too suffering from the same problem. Its been almost 2 years and keep searching on for any cure but hadn't found any. And there is no one to contact here all the posts are old except the one i found out now i.e your so atleast stay in contact that my e mail ***@****
Its m a l f o y s 7 6 @ g m a i l . c o m in case the above one is not visible
I'm really sorry you are suffering from the same thing.It really is nerve racking!Have you seen a doctor?I will probably not be able to see one for the next month,because I have  exams,but I will write as soon as I do it.Hope we find the cure!
By the way, a nurse from another forum said it is possible that I have a chronic infection in the sinuses on either side of my nose,but it'a not sure,of course,not until I have seen an ENT specialist.Hope that he or she can sort it out!....
Doc? I've tried numbr of dctors and ents, did x rays, ct scans and even homeopathy but all in vain. They say theres nothing like and end up givng some medicine either for dpression or something else. Sorry to say that but you will surely waste those bucks in search of cure. But nope you have to give a try.(and again sorry for my poor english as its not my first language)