Respiratory Disorders Community
Bad smell in nose could be GERD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Bad smell in nose could be GERD

I have had this smell in my nose (I smell it, but I don't think anyone else does).  It smells a lot like my nose did when I had it cauterized for nosebleeds.  I occasionally have a discharge that has some streaks of old blood in it.  The complete description of the smell is a sort of acrid, burned blood smell.  No pain, no pressure, no congestion, no other symptoms.  In my case I am convnced that it is caused by reflux from a hiatal hernia.  It is usually brought on by drinking a lot of liquids, and usually near bedtime. Has anyone who has had a similar problem explored this?

This discussion is related to Bad Smell in my nose.