Respiratory Disorders Community
Bad smell one side of nose
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bad smell one side of nose

Hi there, 6 days ago i started with flu, it seems to have disapeared now but one thing i noticed was a bad smell when i inhaled through my nose and seemed to taste it in my mouth, at first i thought it was down to the flu but now im not so sure, when i blow the the nostrel sticky green snot seems to come out and the smell will disappear for a bit any the smell smells like a bad breath smell?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It sounds like you have a sinus infection.  Phantosmia (phantom smells ) and/or parosmia (distortion of smells) are both associated with sinus infections.  Sometimes the onset of the smells disorder is months after the cold or flu.  

Many sinus infections clear on their own; but if it doesn't clear in another week, you should see your dr.  Be sure to mention the smells.  Many drs are unaware of this problem.  Yours has such a clear link it would benefit other patients for your dr to be made aware of these two conditions.

Oh, if the infection clears but the smells don't, you should see an ENT for treatment.  Usually that is caused by olefactory nerve damage which can heal over time but requires treatment.

Take care.
Blank
Thankyou very much for the advice
Blank
Do people around you smel this odor
Blank
Do people around you smel this odor
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker