Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Bateria Pneumonia

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Bateria Pneumonia

My Dad, age 77, is currently in ICU for Baterial Pneumonia, been there for 1 week and is not showing any signs of getting better yet. He is not co-herent, runs a small fever, trouble breathing & his kidneys are not working correctly so his atibiotics are limited so far, but he is getting morphene due to his pain. He also has a broken shoulder to complicate things.

My question is , how long will his recovery take or how long will it take to start seeing signs of improvement ?
I wish I could provide a valid answer to your question but that is not possible.  You should pose this question to one of the doctors who is providing your Dad's care in the ICU.

That he has not shown improvement of the pneumonia and, in addition, is showing signs of kidney failure, along with his age of 77, is very worrisome.  Every day that he shows no sign of improvement diminishes the chances that he will recover.

I hope he does.  Good luck