Respiratory Disorders Community
Benadryl vs Allegra
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Benadryl vs Allegra

I am always congested it seems and have trouble breathing through my nose. Nasonex helps some. I was prescribed symbocort because when i get real bad I can't breath through my mouth either. I was told it may be allergies. Was given Zyrtec. My sinus mucus swelled up so bad i could hardly breath and my face turned bright red. I did not take it again after that. I tried just general Benadryl and had the same reaction. Red face hard to breath through the nose. I was recently prescribed Allegra and am nervous to take it as it looks like it has a lot of the same medication as benadryl but stronger. Are these medications the same?

This discussion is related to Post-Nasal cough?.