Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Bleeding Tonsil

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Bleeding Tonsil

I woke up yesterday with my right tonsil bleeding. It bleed for about 15 minutes before slowing down and eventually stopping. Since yesterday, it has seemed to heal and look normal. I have noticed that my right tonsil is slighty larger than my left and also hard to the touch. Early in the week I developed a sore throat and stuffy nose that lasted a couple days and then went away. I am worried about the bleeding and hard tonsil, since the only information I've been able to find to explain these problems is tonsil cancer. My first instinct is to see an ENT asap to be sure, but I am also recieveing a new health insurance from my work March 1, and worry about the possibility of being diagnosed with something serious before this health care switch is made. Is this something I should be worried about and see a doctor asap? What are the chances that this could be tonsil cancer? I am a 27 year old male who has never smoked and does not drink often.
Since the bleeding occurred along with a sore throat and stuffy nose it is probably due to an infection.  Cancer can occur, but it