Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Bleeding from mouth but TV not found .Found only Lungs Infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

4 or 5 times bleeding from my mouth From last one years. Doctors says some infection in lungs ,chest but not TV found. I was a TV patesent befor 12 years.doctors give me many medicine but no any result found.
Please help me now what can I do ?
And which depatment Doctors treatment me?  ( Cardio or Chest or ......)
Sudev Das
The first thing your doctors must do is to determine the source of the bleeding.  It would be best for you to quickly be seen by a lung doctor who has had lots of experience with the treatment of tuberculosis (TB).  In order to do that, you might have to come to a hospital where TB is treated, such as the National Jewish Medical and Research Center.

For example bleeding gums, bleeding nose, bleeding from the lungs or the digestive system may be a sign that the TB has returned and is active.  Unless it is found that the blood is coming from the upper respiratory system, such as the nose, throat, or sinuses, a chest x-ray and CT scan should be done.  It could show TB as a source of bleeding or bronchiectasis, a disease that can follow TB and can also bleed, sometimes a lot.  Also your doctor should examine the upper part of your throat, that can't be seen by looking through the mouth.  This can be done with an instrument called a fiberoptic laryngoscope.

If your doctors are right, that there is some infection in your lungs, your doctors must find out what is causing the infection.  Even when the sputum smear is at first negative for TB, the infection could be TB.  With your history, they should test your blood for TB and should do a special smear of your sputum with a technique that requires the use of a substance called sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl).  The use of NaOCI significantly enhances positivity of smear negative sputum, for the diagnosis of TB, when used with fluorescent microscopy.

You should discuss all of the above with your doctors.