Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Bleeding throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Bleeding throat

i have Bleeding throat and swollen eyes for last two three months .Is this related to my sinus problem ? The doctor says its a throat infection and has prescribed me antibiotics and a CT scan .What could the problem be ?? I am scared
Blood in the throat can arise from the throat itself, the mouth, the nose and the sinuses.  Bleeding for 2-3 months, for any reason, is worrisome.  The most important thing now is to determine the source of the bleeding.  It is good that your doctor has ordered a CT Scan, presumably of your sinuses, but you would do well to have a thorough, direct (with the use of a fiberoptic laryngoscope) examination of your nose and throat, including the area directly behind the nose (the nasopharynx) that is not visible through the mouth, without such an instrument.  This should be performed by a doctor who routinely performs such examinations with this instrument, if not your doctor, then an ENT specialist.

I can understand your being scared.  The best way to deal with that is for the cause of the bleeding determined, with certainty, and treated appropriately.  Any examination less than what I have described would be inadequate.

Good luck