Respiratory Disorders Community
Blood in Mucus.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in Mucus.

Two nights ago I went to a rock show with a couple of friends. We are got drunk, I won't lie and were enjoying the music when, two of my friends decided to go out for a smoke. I decided to tag along even though I don't smoke. My friend had a box of cloves he said were the best smoke he's had. I being drunk and not caring decided to take two minor drags off his cigarette. This was the FIRST time I have EVER smoked a cigarette. Now today, I wake up and cough up blood. The taste of blood is in my mouth, and I guess I damaged my lungs by those two hits. Will this pass? Did I seriously mess up my lungs? Should I see a doctor? What should I do? What does the blood mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have talked with all my smoker friends and none have them have experienced this.