Respiratory Disorders Community
Blood in nose and sputum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Blood in nose and sputum

I have moved from a country with minimum temperature of 20 degrees to a cold country with temperature of about 5 degrees and below. As the temperature goes down, I notice that my nose bleeds in the night when I am asleep. In the morning, when I try clearing my nose, one of the nostrils is filled with dry blood scales. Also, the white sputum contains blood marks and at times the sputum is full of blood and it appears red. I have breathing problem from childhood and I have Asthma due to genetic inheritance. I do not take any medication for both as it is controlled. I do not have any problem with my respiration of any respiratory problem. Please advice how I can get rid of the blood in my nose and sputum. Will I need to visit a doctor or can I try taking high quantity of water?
Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance. Awaiting your reply