Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Bloody phlegm
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bloody phlegm

Hello,

I have had sinus infection's for over 10 yrs now. I recently had a cat-scan & found that I have a deviated septum. I will be having septum surgery pretty soon & was wondering if anyone knows why I would have blood in my phlegm. When I wake up in the morning, I always cough up a lot of phlem but have noticed in the past few months, I also have experienced some blood in my phlem & also when I blow my nose. I also have some green phlegm that I cough up. I brought it to my ENT doctor's attention & he had no idea why I had blood in my phlegm. I was reading on the internet that its possibly due to infection. Can you also tell me if having the surgery will aleviate the excess phlegm & coughing that I experience.