After my basement flooded I was cleaning the floors and walls with a mixture of water, bleach, and rubbing alcohol. In a tight area I must have inhaled too deeply and too close to the fumes. I began to cough and my lungs felt pressed down and it was hard to breath. Twelve hours later my breathing is still labored, lungs tight, and frequent coughing. I can't sleep. Is there an easy remedy? Will time alleviate the problem? Should I see a doctor now?
You should definitely see a Dr. Although, you may think you're fine, you may have also chemically burned the lining of your lungs. Don't hesitate, I would rather have a Dr. say I'm ok than you should have come along time ago.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.