Breathing problems, very worried.
Can seroquel cause breathing problems? I've been taking them for about four years and as of the last month my breathing has been really bad at night when I take them.

It's getting worse and the breathing trouble happens within about fifteen to twenty minutes after taking them whether I lay down and go to bed right away or stay up and active.

As of two days ago I had two of what seemed like "attacks" it becomes very hard to breath, my chest feels tight, my body warms up, I feel dizzy and like I might pass out.

My breathing also seems sallow at all times within the last two days. I've been choking on food a lot the last month, at first just at night but now all the time even when I'm just swallowing spit.
I am a smoker which I know can't be good for my breathing but I feel it's my medication and that what is happening is to severe to possibly be just smoking.
I went to see a doctor tonight and he said he's never heard of seroquel effecting someones breathing and reassured me it was my smoking habit. Yet I've read on the net that it can effect breathing and if it does to see a doctor right away.
At this point I'm really confused, I'm scared to take my pill tonight because I'm so sure it's causing this, but I depend on this medication to stay mentally stable.
Does anyone know about seroquel causing these problems? Or could I have possibly developed an allergy to it? Or can smoking really cause my breathing to be this strained along with the choking and "attacks"?
I really could use some help, I'm extremely worried.
My breathing also seems sallow at all times within the last two days.
Sorry meant *shallow* not *sallow*
That would be a side effect of concern to speak to your doctor about as soon as possible.
Seroquel can cause breathing problems which can be serious. One should really avoid starting to take medicines like seroquel as they reduce life-expectancy and people can get serious (deadly) side-effects from them, especially if medications are withdrawn.

Some of these sites might be useful (but I doubt it).

http://seroquelwithdrawal.blogspot.fi/
http://nonpsychiatry.wordpress.com/
Go with your gut and not your doctor. I have been taking this medicine for about a year. It makes me feel at times like I am suffocating. I have tried taking it different time of the day but not getting any better, but the worst is at night. Lose the drug and if your doctor doesn' like it find a new doctor.