Breathing problems and pain under left ribcage
Hello there so lately my boyfriend has been having breathing problems He's not sure why and we are both worried he has told me once that he thinks he broke or misplaced his left ribcage but he is not sure i've told him many times to get it check but he is to stubborn to listen to me or anyone so i was thinking is there a home remedy. Here his issue any time he breathes or stretches he gets a pain under his left ribcage as well he plays basketball he believes its that. That he has been playing so much basketball his muscles are growing and so is he but any time we rest i see his left ribcage misplaced like it is downward i asked him to stop smoking and that was about 5 months ago i was hoping if he did misplace his ribcage we can easily go to a medical place but if it isn't anything serious then were also hoping we can fix here at home. Thank you for your time in reading this I appreciate the responds.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The type of pain described by you is more consistent with a mechanical back pain, where in with movements like changes in posture, coughing and sneezing the pain is aggravated. Cough and sneezing cause the muscles to contract as a protective mechanism around the injured part and hence the pain. This is more common with small fractures or a herniated disc. So, I would advise him to consult his doctor at the earliest to rule out a fracture. A plain x ray may show up a fracture. But sometimes additional tests like CT, MRI and Bone Scan can provide additional information. In the meantime he can use OTC Acetaminophen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.