Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Breathing problems back pain and heart flutter

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Since I started highschool I've been having this problem, it seems like it's from my back.. But it's not just my back...it's multiple things. This normally starts after I eat something or after standing up for a very short period of time. I'm 5'4 and 115 lbs. It starts off like this: my whole body starts to feel heavy and weak, my back hurts (not sharp pain though) it's like that feeling of standing up for a long time, I feel short of breath and like I'm not getting enough oxygen. I start to sweat and feel hot and faint. I may start slightly shaking. This also happens when Im around large groups of people but I think that is just anxiety....I don't know if that's related. Some things that might be signs: I bruise kinda easily, it's dark under my eyes (been like that since the problem started), I'm always thirsty but I drink a good amount of water, I have flat feet (may cause the back pain?), my flat feet cause me to have issues with my legs and knees especially. Please help. The doctor I go to seems incompetent to me. He just says that I need to wear dr. Schols and that it will fix everything. I am now a junior and I have been wearing those stupid things for 3 or 4 years now and they don't do squat. Please help ):
Sounds like you are miserable much of the time, Andy.  Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.  What you describe could be the result of physically based disease and/or anxiety with what are called Panic Attacks.  The back pain could be perhaps related to “flat fleet” but more likely to be chronic core back muscle inflammation that might respond to medication or physical therapy.  X-rays of your back will probably be needed to rule out more serious disease of the bones of your back.

The symptoms you experience after a meal could be a metabolic disorder and the fact that you are “always thirsty” raises the question of Diabetes and you should be checked for that.

You state your belief that your doctor “seems incompetent.”  That indicates to me that you have lost confidence in your doctor and should seek the assistance of another doctor, not professionally related to your current doctor.

Yours is a complex problem that will require a cautious, caring doctor and a good listener as well as being a good diagnostician who will know the right tests to order.  You should be able to find such a doctor on the basis of recommendation by a friend or members of your family.  The type of doctor you should see is called an Internal Medicine specialist.  You should persist until you find such a doctor and I suspect that with proper treatment most if not all of your symptoms should prove to be treatable.

Good luck
OH and another thing is that sometime my heart feels like i
(Oops its cut out some of that sorry) OH and another thing is that sometime my heart feels like it's beating hard and idk it's a weird feeling but it happens randomly. Like I could be sitting down and it happens. But it last for barely a second and then it's gone idk if that has anything to do with my problem....