Aa
A
A
Close
Bronchitis - Felt a Pop in My Chest
I've had bronchitis with a touch of pneumonia for the last couple weeks.  I finally went to the  doctor and got my Z-Pak and inhaler.  I cough very deeply and my cough is mostly non-productive - but not completely.  I've coughed so hard that it's made my ribs hurt.  Couple days ago I felt a pop in my chest when coughing and that side of my chest has been sore.  I assumed I pulled a muscle - it's hard to breath without pain.  It happened again tonight with a more predominent pop and now it's even more sensitive.  I need to cough the crap up but it hurts so badly I try not to cough.  My next move is a hot shower and just sucking it up and coughing thru the pain.  Should I be concerned about the pop I felt?  My boob and everything hurts.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You should have this checked out.  It is possible, but very rare, to break a rib with severe coughing.  Other options are a pulled muscle, dislocated rib, pleurisy,

Feel better. I am just getting over the same thing.  I usually dislocate a rig when I have a severe cough, but not this time.  You have my sympathies.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
Top Respiratory Disorders Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577