Respiratory Disorders Community
Bronchitis - Felt a Pop in My Chest
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bronchitis - Felt a Pop in My Chest

I've had bronchitis with a touch of pneumonia for the last couple weeks.  I finally went to the  doctor and got my Z-Pak and inhaler.  I cough very deeply and my cough is mostly non-productive - but not completely.  I've coughed so hard that it's made my ribs hurt.  Couple days ago I felt a pop in my chest when coughing and that side of my chest has been sore.  I assumed I pulled a muscle - it's hard to breath without pain.  It happened again tonight with a more predominent pop and now it's even more sensitive.  I need to cough the crap up but it hurts so badly I try not to cough.  My next move is a hot shower and just sucking it up and coughing thru the pain.  Should I be concerned about the pop I felt?  My boob and everything hurts.