Bronchitis - Felt a Pop in My Chest
I've had bronchitis with a touch of pneumonia for the last couple weeks.  I finally went to the  doctor and got my Z-Pak and inhaler.  I cough very deeply and my cough is mostly non-productive - but not completely.  I've coughed so hard that it's made my ribs hurt.  Couple days ago I felt a pop in my chest when coughing and that side of my chest has been sore.  I assumed I pulled a muscle - it's hard to breath without pain.  It happened again tonight with a more predominent pop and now it's even more sensitive.  I need to cough the crap up but it hurts so badly I try not to cough.  My next move is a hot shower and just sucking it up and coughing thru the pain.  Should I be concerned about the pop I felt?  My boob and everything hurts.
You should have this checked out.  It is possible, but very rare, to break a rib with severe coughing.  Other options are a pulled muscle, dislocated rib, pleurisy,

Feel better. I am just getting over the same thing.  I usually dislocate a rig when I have a severe cough, but not this time.  You have my sympathies.