Respiratory Disorders Community
Bronchitis? and Swollen lymph nodes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bronchitis? and Swollen lymph nodes

I was dx'd last night with bronchitis and have swollen painful lymph nodes (along with some other symptoms).  I was wondering if it was normal to have swollen glands with bronchitis as I have never had bronchitis before and I want to make sure I was properly diagnosed.  Thank you so much for your help!

Related Discussions
-1 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
  Thanks for the reply!    They just took vitals (no temp., aprox 100% O2 sat) listened to my lung sounds, asked a brief medical and symptom history and that was it.  No chest X-ray or anything but I guess b/c my temp was okay they assumed no pneumonia?  I just worry a bit b/c, although I do not often get sick, when I do I have never had a fever not even with illness that often cause fever.

Blank
No, the swelling isn't visible.  I can just tell by palpating that the cervical lymph nodes are swollen (they are also sore).  It seems to be a little worse on the left but I'm not too concerned about the severity of the swelling.

I am still coughing but it has improved from last night.  Occasionally if I am talking or breathing deeply it was cause me to cough.  

I was not expecting to have my cough improve yet since I thought most cases of actue bronchitis are caused by viral infections, therefore the antibiotics would not do much.  Although my cough seems to be improving, my lymph nodes (in the neck/jaw rergion) are still sore and swollen.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank