Respiratory Disorders Community
Bubble under left rib,Shortness of breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I’m 19 years old and I’ve been having shortness of breath constantly for about 8 months now.
I had a bad chest cold and fever a few weeks prior to my shortness of breath/chest pain and this bubble like thing under my left rib. I was just sitting In class one day and it was really hard to take a breath all of a sudden and ever since then I’ve had this problem. I get pains under my shoulder and in my left upper breast area, sometimes sharp pain but other times like a tightening pain. The bubble under my left rib annoys me sometimes like a dull pain when i laugh and I can feel the actual bubble, it’s weird. Sometimes the bubble will spasm also. When I try to hold my breath after a few seconds I get this burning sensation in my lungs and it makes me cough. I’ve had an EKG done a few times and had an ultra sound done on my heart and the doctors say my hearts good. I’ve had a breath measuring test and I didn’t do so well on that but they still couldn’t find out what was wrong.
I’ve been put on Anxiety meds, Asthma meds, and heart meds and nothing worked i just felt worse.
Also my blood tests came back ok but two doctors said I have a high white blood-cell count. My great grandma suffered with Pleurisy throughout her life and I’m wondering if it could be that?
Please help me find out what’s wrong no one seems to care to really help.

thanks.
hey im 19 also, and every now and then i get pains going through my chest and it feels like a stabbing pain i feel shortness of breathe and to get it to go away i have to take a big breathe in and it will go away but that is also extremely painful. i somtimes also get them underneath my breast and won't go away for a few minutes... also today i was at lunch and was having a drink when suddenly got a feeling of an air bubble underneath my breast was really strange and haven't had that before. im a tennis coach so of everything i know im healthy... been to the doctors recently... and all seems to be fine, not sure what the pains mean though...