Respiratory Disorders Community
Burning Chest and Cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Burning Chest and Cough

I am hoping to figure this out.... 41Yr Female- I recently had an upper EGD performed with two biopsies.  It came back I have mild gastritis and acid reflux.  I have been on prevacid 30mg which I am supposed to take twice a day, but I don't feel well when I take the 2nd one.   I have complained of a burning sensation in the chest-going up the throat.  The prevacid has helped the sensation going up the throat, but my chest is still burning!    

Two weeks ago I started with a cold/cough.  I went to the Drs, but I think it was too soon as they said the cough was related to the GERD.   But two days later the cough was deep in my chest and loose.   I had stuff come up, but I am unable to spit out- so I can't tell you the color, etc.    Now the cough is worse in the morning's and evenings, though I don't sound as raspy.   However, my chest is still burning- my breasts feel lumpy with spots that hurt (scheduled for a mammography in 2 more weeks)....and my sternum has pressure points that also hurt.   The Drs mentioned Costochronditis, but from what I read I am not sure if that is the answer as I don't hurt when I take a deep breath.  

I do feel almost asthmatic at times.  No real fever (low grade)....Today I also feel a little nose congestion...bad headache.   Honestly, do I go back to the GP tomorrow?  I feel like they think all of this is anxiety...and I am sure that doesn't help, but this burning in my chest is disturbing and very bothersome.   Could I have bronchitis?  The cough the past week was bad.   Today, I coughed so hard in the morning I nearly threw up....

Please help!  (I am scheduled for the heart monitor and eccho in 2 weeks, too)....