Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Burning Lungs and Throat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Burning Lungs and Throat

I had 2 really bad colds this past winter and they diagnosed me with Bronchitus (bronchitis). This spring I started to have a buring sensation in my Lungs and Throat. Also, a sever pain in my left shoulder from time to time. I seen my normal doctor multiple times and had chest X-rays. Their first diagnosis was a signs of COPD. I am 29 and barely ever smoked and am 6'8" tall and pretty thin. They ruled out COPD after they re-looked at the Xrays because my size my lungs are bigger. I was put on Alleve to see if that would get rid of the inflamation (inflammation). It seemed to work for a couple days, but did not cure anything. It is now Oct and I still have the same syptoms (symptoms). I went to a Pulmonolgist  and had a CT scan done of my chest and it came back normal. I also passed all of the breathing tests they gave me and pretty much ruled out any major issues with my lungs. I have no symptoms of coughing or coughing up stuff. I am lost for answers now as i start over trying to figure out what it is. It still feels like something in my lungs, but can not figure how that ties to my shoulder ache. I had a shoulder X-ray that came back normal as well.