Aa
A
A
Close
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF I MAY HAVE COPD!!!
Back in 2007 i accidentally  inhaled some chlorine the power type on inhaling it i was coughing very bad and bringing up cold/mucus i could hardly catch my breath so i had to be rushed to the doctor and he gave me a injection which eased my coughing and it made me drowsy.Ever since my chlorine attack i have been bringing up mucus yellow and brown rusty colored and sometimes blood stained and i am only breathing through one nostril and sometimes it changes to the other nostril i have a pain in my chest that's hurts even more when i take a deep breath but the pain decreased over the years,i went to the doctor about it and i had a x-ray done they sad my lungs and heart are fine but i am having all the symptoms of chronic bronchitis someone please help!!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But you could have a lung function test done, this will help to make a diagnosis. The commonly measured values in lung function test or spirometry are FEV1 and FVC, which are forced expiratory volumes. The normal spirometry values are FVC-80-120% and FEV-80-120%. Also, FEV1/FVC ratio, is a calculated ratio used in the diagnosis of obstructive and restrictive diseases. A diagnosis of COPD is made when the FEV1/FVC ratio is less than 70%. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources