Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
CHEST CONGESTION AND NIGHT BACK PAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

CHEST CONGESTION AND NIGHT BACK PAIN
FOR ABOUT 5-6 MONTHS I HAVE HAD BACK PAIN AT NIGHT ONLY, WHEN TRYING TO SLEEP.  IN THE LAST 3-4 MONTHS I DEVELOPED CHEST CONGESTION THAT IS NONE PRODUCTIVE WITH THIS UPPER BACK PAIN.  IT GETS BETTER THROUGHOUT THE DAY, BUT I CAN FEEL THE CONGESTION WHEN I BREATHE DEEP WHEN SITTING UP.  THE BACK PAIN WAKES ME ALMOST EVERY NIGHT.  I HAVE TO TAKE TYLENOL PM TO GET ANY SLEEP AT ALL. I HAVE NO FEVER, JUST TIRED ALL OF THE TIME.  SOMETIMES MY CHEST HURTS. THE PAIN IN MY BACK FEELS MUSCULAR, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHEST CONGESTION?  IT IS ALL VERY STRANGE.  ALSO, I HAVE HASIMOTO'S THYROIDITITS, COULD THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ALL OF THIS?  PLEASE HELP!!!!
Since your pain and chest congestion are continuing you should see a doctor to find out the nature of the problem.  To know for sure if this is due to a lung problem you will need to have testing done.  A good place to start is with a chest x-ray.  A pulmonologist would be the type of specialist to identify a lung problem and the best treatment.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker