Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
CHEST PAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

CHEST PAIN

Hi my name is Adam, I'm going to try and make this as short as possible. First a little bit of background.  I'm 18 years old. I am not over weight. The only serious medical condition I have been diagnosed with since birth has been chronic asthma. About a month ago I had my first shocking asthma attack, my inhalers weren't saving me from my attack which as you can imagine threw me into quite the panic. I was rushed the ER, they fixed me up, gave me a steroid for a week and I was back to normal. Now I'm guessing this attack was caused by an allergic reaction seeing as though my asthma had been fairly controlled. About a week and a half later, I felt a similar attack coming on... I over reacted and so did my body. I was rushed to the ER and they did the EKG, Ive done blood tests, X-Ray. It all looks fine. text book anxiety story right. Now my body has been in shock ever since. I haven't been able to snap out of this state. So the only thing I could do was wait to see my family doctor who Is really good by the way, much more involved than any ER doctor I spoke too. So at this point it only got worse, I was experiencing extreme sharp pains in my chest constantly, shortness of breath, a heavy chest. The hardest thing I've ever been through in my whole life. Its what I imagine someone who is going through a drug withdrawal to feel like. A long, long agonizing story short I finally met with my family doctor. Now he thinks acid reflux at first, that the high dosage of steroids they gave me at the ER in attempts to "calm" me down caused the reflux, which inflammed my esophagus. The high white blood cell count gave him this idea. So he put me on Ciliinium BR/ Chlordiaze and another pill reduce acids. I was still in hell for about four days(wishing for death). I started seeing results but for some reason... I wasn't happy! it was like I fell into a deep depression. [Continues]
I knew I should be greatful for my health but I was so broken down and weak from the pain I really couldn't handle my emotions. In this emotional downward spiral my chest pain had crept back in. Not nearly as bad but I haven't felt like the same person, not once since this all began. I saw my doctor again, he thinks it could be muscle spasms. I'm going to see a specialist, they're going to stick a camera down my throat. Anyway, I'm not sure I have a specific question. I'm just not sure how to deal with all of this. Give me your thoughts. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading.  
Every now and then I will hear a deep sounding weeze noise from odd places in my chest. Only maybe twice a day. Could this be pleaurisy? I've been experiencing muscle twitches all over my body. The way sit really affect the heavyness in my chest, say I'm slouching slighty it will hurt my back and I will experiencing a stabbing feeling.
I am 28. Used to get rushed to hospital for asthma as well. Use to hear crackling like a fire in my lungs when u blow hot air slow. Woke up some nights breathless. Coughing to catch a breathe. Thought i was done for. Without even being able to say 1 word. HELP. Anyways. Took it upon myself starting researching about marijuana. And asthma. I was already smoking. And felt a big diff. I havnt used inhalers for years. Read about the affects and how it opens small airways. Its not called the magic herb for nothing. I smoked ciggs for 13 years. And the hardest one marlboros. Im in the best shape of my life as i quit for 3 years. But the green with keep my in the green
I empathise with your traumatic experience with asthma my man. It's a scary thing. I was informed by doctors, although there not sure why I'm experiencing these symptoms, they aren't at all asthma related. It is quite frustrating to hear since it feels just like it, minus the wheezing. I honestly don't smoke at all. I'm not against marijuana, It's just not for me.
Interesting, let me get this straight, are you suggesting that marijuana actually helped your case? or did quitting help you?