COPD Concern
Hi I am 22 yrs old and have been smoking since I was 10yrs old; however, I quit smoking last friday, one week from today. I also used to huff dusters when I was in middle school. I went to the doctors because I was having shortness of breath, rapid heart beat, and chest pain. I had a Spirometry done and it showed I had mild obstruction and my lung age was 51yrs old. So he put me on Proventil, Symbicort, azithromycin, and Nicotrol Inhaler. I also take adderall xr.
                      My questions are: I have been experiencing bad chest pains since starting this meds,so yesterday went to the docs and he said I was having heart burn. Do you think it could be my meds? Can I recover form this? Does Symbicort cause chest pains? Could I have messed my lungs and heart up from smoking and drugs when I was in school?

Did you mention the huffing and such to your doctor? This information could be important in ensuring his diagnosis is correct. I dont know much about the meds he has prescribed,, but just yesterday on the anxiety board somone posted a very in depth informative post about adderall xr and how hard it is for some people to deal with physically. I dont have the link right on hand, but if you go to that forum and type in the drugs name it should pull up all related threads. Sorry i cant offer more help but without knowlege about these meds Id be afraid to guess if they are playing a roll in your discomfort or not. A google search of potential side effects may be in order as well...

*Blessings*