COPD EMPHYSEMA LIFE EXPECTANCY
I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH COPD EMPHYSEMA IN 2008.  I AM ON THE SPIRIVA ONCE A DAY AND ADVAIR 500/50 DISKUS TWICE A DAY AND HAVE TWO RESCUE INHAILERS AND A PILL. IW ENT FOR OXYGEN EVALUATION AND INSTEAD THEY FOUND AN OBSTRUCTION IN MY THROAT PREVENTING MY BREATHING AND SWALLOWING FROM BEING NORMAL  WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THROAT CANCER BECAUSE I SMOKED FOR 29 YEARS AND JUST RECENTLY STOPPED SMOKING ON MARCH 5TH OF 2012.    HOW LONG DO I HAVE LEFT BEFORE I REACH THE END STAGE AND DIE.  I CANT GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER FOR ANYONE.  PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.  THANKS BRENDA HONEYCUTT.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It is difficult to get a straight answer, as it depends on many things. First, the confirmation of cancer by a biopsy. Next it depends on the stage at which it has been diagnosed and the histopathological evaluation of cells (type of cells).  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.