Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
COPD and humidifier

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

COPD and humidifier

I have COPD with emphysema.  My house is very dry and I want to use a humidifier. Which is better - warm mist or cool mist?
It probably does not make much difference.  If you find that you have greater difficulty in colder air or warmer air, then you can make the decision.
grasshopper, I got a new humidifier about 6 months ago and I love it. It's called the Venta AirWasher and you can get it online at http://www.venta-airwasher.com/. It doesn't leave any of that white residue that some humidifiers do, it's really quiet, easy to care for (no filters to mess with, just fill it once a day and clean it every 2 weeks) and best of all it keeps the humidity up (and I live in Vegas, that's not an easy thing to do!).
A related discussion, Humidifiers was started.
A related discussion, COPD and humidifiers was started.