Respiratory Disorders Community
CPAP + Chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

CPAP + Chest pain

Has anyone experience pain after using CPAP for several years?
I am candidate for a CPAP, still trying to solve my mild sleep apnea by losing a few pounds.

What kind of pain are you talking about?  And how long have you been using a CPAP, and how long before the subject "pain"?

This type of information my help others address your subject/question.
Hi Jerry,

I have been using my CPAP for at least 10 years and it has helped me tremendously.  If I have to travel I always bring it with me.  If I don't, I wake up with sore throat (snoring) and will be tired all day.

My only reason for enquiring was that I developed chest pain for a week or so and was trying to figure out what was causing it.  I thought perhaps the pain was caused by swallowing too much air or something.  My doctor concluded the pain was caused by fibromyalgia as recent ECG and lab tests were normal.

There is a lot of benefits of using the CPAP.  Some people find it hard to get used to the mask - even myself find it annoying at times.  Still, I would not part with it for anything in the world!  

Good luck!  :)