Aa
A
A
Close
Can I get Rhinitis or Bronchiectasis from Pneumonia?
I have a very important question. I am a disabled veteran. I have been told in a letter that my "injuries" are not service connected. I was in great condition prior to joining the Marine Corps. I got sick when I was in boot, receiving 'Severe Pneumonia" being hospitalized for 12 days. I ended up with Allergic Rhinitis, Bronchiectasis, and Asthma following the initial Pneu. Please if anyone has an idea or evidence that I could have it would greatly help my case. I am constantly having breathing problems, SOB, chronic cough, wheezing and many other physical limitations. I am 25 years old, and I am trying to get what I deserve from the VA. I need help if any, please. Thank you! I cannot seem to find anything relating the 2 so I have turned to the Doctors and/or medical help. thanks.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You CAN get bronchiectasis from pneumonia.  It is important to keep clear of infections because the bronchiectasis will get worse if you get bronchitis or pneumonia.  If you read about bronchiectasis on the web, you can get this in writing showing that this disease may have begun with the pneumonia.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
Top Respiratory Disorders Answerers
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank