Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Can Sinuses cause you to be constantly dizzy?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

About a year ago I started having a wide variety of symptoms. I have no idea what is causing them all I know it it's like constant torture day in and day out. I constantly have headaches, with post nasal drip, and I am always dizzy and its hard for my eyes to focus, also they hurt really bad all the time like they are going to pop(I just recently had them checked out and theres absolutely nothing wrong with them). Like if a car is moving very slow like rolling its hard for me to tell if its moving at all. This is a constant feeling 24/7. Also Extreme Tiredness so tired all the time. And the reason why I am posting something now is because today I went to work and I started to freak out because I couldn't catch my breath I thought I was going to die, that and I was wheezing really bad and I got really really lightheaded thought I was going to pass out. This happens a couple times a month. And please don't say anxiety or stress because I was fine until I started feeling suffocated. Also its constantly hard to breath through my nose, I always feel resistance like my airway is inflammed.

Can Sinuses cause all these problems? The thing is I don't have any real obvious symptoms of a sinus problem. I do sometimes feel that there is pressure around my eyes and bridge of nose but nothing real major. Anyways I visited the doctor and she thought that they did look inflammed so she gave me some steroids because she didn't think antibiotics would help. But I am on the last day of the prescription and I have notice no relief. What does this mean? If its not sinuses what could it be please help. I have had a lot of test done to find no relief. Im wondering if a ct scan would be worth it?
Chronic sinusitis is not infrequently associated with chronic disease of adjacent structures including the nose, the eyes and the ears including the vestibular apparatus that facilitates balance and, when diseased, can cause dizziness.  Any chronic inflammation in one’s body, regardless of the site, can also be associated with “extreme tiredness” and, of course, such a degree of tiredness can be a symptom of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  

The wheezing you have experienced is suggestive of the disease, asthma.  This is a common disease and may have nothing to do with your other symptoms.  However airway disease, such as asthma, can also occur as part of a multi-system disease.  In either case, the wheezing and feeling of “suffocation” should be treated optimally even if it were your only health problem.  I suggest that this be your first priority; that is, evaluation and treatment of your lung condition and the rest of the evaluation can follow.

Based on the information you have provided, I would say yes to your question;  you should have a CT scan of your sinuses and may need further imaging studies to evaluate your headache and dizziness, as deemed appropriate by an ENT consultant and I do recommend that you see such a specialist.  

Finally, as there are many causes of tiredness including, infection, disturbed sleep, inflammation and tumors your diagnostic evaluation should also include a complete blood count and a blood test that is often referred to as a biochemical survey looking to evidence of liver, kidney or electrolyte disturbance or evidence of malnutrition or low vitamin levels.

Good luck