Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Can exposure to Pizza Ovens Wood Burning and gas triger a severe Asthma...

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Can exposure to Pizza Ovens Wood Burning and gas triger a severe Asthma attack to someone who has RADS

In 1995 I was diagnosed with Asthma and RADS due to a flood in my home and Chemicals were used to kill Mold & Mildew.  While on  vacation the hotel room we were checked into was directly above the exhaust fans of a WoodBurning and Gas Pizza Ovens. the smell in the halls and our room were so severe of Wood burning that I got extremely sick with my lungs immediately while on vacation and continued for the several days while we were in the hotel.  After returning home I still continued with my sympthons with coughing, acute bronchitis, difficulty breathing, weak, sweating, bringing up a brownish yellow flem (phlegm) for several weeks after my exposure to the Woodburning and Gas Ovens.  I ended up having to be hospitalized for one week.
I know that any ordors, perfumes, cleaning solutions, gas, chemicals,room deoraizers etc make me very sick.

My questions is can someone with RADS and Asthma have a severe immediate reaction to these fumes and have to be hospitaled?
Someone with asthma has inflamed lungs.  Depending on the degree of inflammation and the type of exposure, it is possible for nonspecific irritants to cause exacerbations of asthma to occur.