Respiratory Disorders Community
Can my tooth cavity cause a sinus infection??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

ok im 17 years old male and i have the worst smell comming from my left side of my nose, it smells like feces and kind of like feet.  i also have a cavity in the upper left side of my mouth so my question is did my cavity cause this infection? i went to a free dentist and they gave me some meds to take for the tooth pain so my teeth dont hurt i just am left with a stuffy nose and the smell.

what makes matters worse is i start school again in 4 DAYS!!! im in the 12th grade my last year i dont even want to go!!! i stink! i smell like poop i cant walk around a buliding with over 500 students smelling like poop!!! please!! help me!

i was thinking maybe if i go to my dentist and get my cavity filled with a root canal the infection and smell will go away?? will it? if not what can i do please!!!!!!! i cant live like this! so did my teeth cause this? and if i get my tooth fixed will it rid the smell? thanks guys and gals!
I have been told that if you let a tooth infection go long enough that it can cause a sinus infection and it is possible that only you smell the poop smell because of an infection have a parent smell you and see if you really smell that way or if it is just something you are smelling that no one else does and that will put your mind at rest about the smell and going to school

as far as the tooth I'm not sure if you have gotten the actual problem fixed or not or just taking meds for the pain but you should get that fixed not just for your oral health but your overall well being
A tooth infection can spread up into the maxillary sinuses.  The best way to get rid of the smell and the infected mucus is with a Neilmed Sinus Rinse, which can be found in any chain drugstore.   Use the hypertonic saline mix (the strongest one).  Of course, you'd better get the tooth infection dealt with by a professional, or it could turn into something much worse, but you should be able to start school if you get right on it.