Respiratory Disorders Community
Cancer Of the soft Pallet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Cancer Of the soft Pallet

This is my first time going on the internet looking into this problem I had, Thinking theres no-one else have gone through this before! Until I read member comment 5, Stating she or he had gone through this same topic as I did! My reasons for l;ooking this up, is I would like to know what cause this to happen? Unlike member 5 I never had any warnings in fact I didn't know it was there. Until I went to see my primary care doctor! Durning his examination he ask me didn't I see this mask on upper part of  my soft pallet! I told him know! It wasn't painful to the touch, I felted absolutely nothing. Anyway I had gone under 10hours of surgery for the removal of it! Which left a large hole in the top of mouth. I would like to have member 5 to contact me. I can share my experinances with him or her! Please if you can tell me what's out there could have cause this. I'll truley appreciate it! By the way my surgery took place at UCDavis 6/26/00. I never was told what kind of cancer it was. Could it be related to Aspestos, The reason for asking this question is because I lived a a Boat Yard where that cemical was used alot, Including at that time was my job.

This discussion is related to paralyzed diaphram.