Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Can't breathe feel like i'm drowning
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can't breathe feel like i'm drowning

I recently had bronchitis. Lately I have been waking up in the middle of the night and I can't breathe. I feel like I am drowning from to much fluid in my throat. Any ideas?
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
Postnasal drip is drainage from the nose and sinuses dripping down the back of the throat.  It is possible that postnasal drip is due to the bronchitis.  It is also possible that postnasal drip has nothing to do with the bronchitis.  A nasal wash helps remove mucus and bacteria from the nose and sinuses.  This can temporarily reduce the postnasal drip.  A prescription nasal steroid spray decreases nasal swelling and mucus production.  This may prevent the postnasal drip.  To get the most out of a nasal steroid spray use it after doing a nasal wash.  A nasal steroid spray does not provide immediate relief of symptoms.  It may require several weeks of routine use to become effective.  Please read our Nasal Wash MedFact at http://www.nationaljewish.org/medfacts/nasal.html for more information about this technique.  Share this information with your doctor to see if you would benefit from this daily treatment.

If this persists or increases, please check with your doctor about other possible causes and the best treatment.
2 Comments
Blank
You should be seen now by a good doctor, if you can't breathe. You need to find out what all the underlying causes of your breathing problems are. Then, you will have choices about how to treat the underlying causes of your breathing problems.

If necessary, call for an ambulance or go to your ER (Emergency Room). Don't take any chances, with a breathing problem.

I hope you feel better soon, and get this problem diagnosed and treated.

Sincerely, Concerned lady
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers