Can't catch my breath
This doesn't happen all the time.  Just once in awhile I feel like I can't take a breath in.  When I do try and breathe  in, I make that  awful sound like trying to get my breath.  It feels as if I could keep exhaling everything will be alright, but of course, there is not enough O2 to expel that much air.  I heard that sometimes people have too much CO2 in their systems (that's why they breath in a bag), but it doesn't feel like that.  I can't afford to go to the doctors.  Thanks for any help....Marcie
Hi, Inspiration is the taking in of air and this can cause breathing problems if there is an obstruction to inflow of air, which can occur with lung infections, where in the secretions, might block the airways. Expiration is the letting out of air and obstruction to this can occur with diseases like Asthma, where there is constriction of the terminal airways leading to prolonged expiration. Usually breathing problems are classified as obstructive and restrictive disorders. Lung function tests will help determine the cause for the breathlessness.

When a person hyperventilates, the CO2 levels in the blood may decrease, so breathing into a bag will help restore the levels. Regards.