Respiratory Disorders Community
Cant stop coughing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Cant stop coughing

I have had a really bad cough for the last 2 months now, it seems to be getting worse and worse. I can no longer sleep at night, I can feel that my lungs have stuff in them but nothing comes up, it is so hard to breath and sometimes I'm coughing so hard that I throw up or I almost suffocate. I haven't had a cold or flu this year. I dont know what it could be. I have also had pain in my chest when I'm coughing. I have tried so many times to get in to see my doctor, but my health care plan is terrible and they can never see me until months later. I need this taken care of now or very soon. I feel like its getting harder and harder to breath everyday. I dont have asthma that I know of. My mother does, so I might. Im not sure. Any ideas or advice? home remedies? please help? =(
Thank you.
Avatar n tn
My mum has had a cough now since november 06, she has had MRI/CAT scan and has had the all clear, nothing seems to help, it's so bad she has no sleep and it's now difficult to talk without coughing.
Can you please advise?