Respiratory Disorders Community
Can't stop taking deep breaths!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Can't stop taking deep breaths!?

It all started about three days ago.  I was full after dinner and was watching some Netflix.  I remember that I was mostly full of all of the water I drank so I was taking deep breaths at the time.  A few hours passed and i was still taking deep breaths, i didn't pay much attention to it since i thought it would be gone by the morning.  The next day in the morning i felt the urge to take deep breaths and I did, i haven't stopped since.  I've felt the urge to take deep breaths all day since three days ago.  I've looked online for a remedy but none of the breathing exercises work.  I read online that its anxiety but I'm not stressed about anything at the moment.  The only thing I consider is that it frustrates me to keep taking deep breaths which makes me take more deep breaths.  At this point I am almost sure it's mental but even by coming to this realisation i can't control it.  I know it's mental because I don't have this problem while sleeping or when i'm really concentrated with my work, this only happens when I think of it which is the majority of my day.  Is there any way I can forget or control my self to stop taking deep breaths?