Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Cardio-Respiratory Arrest

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Cardio-Respiratory Arrest
Could anyone please tell what cardio-respiratory arrest is? My father had suffered with alzheimers for 10 years, then he just stopped breathing. On the death certificate it said: cause of death-cardio-respiratory arrest. I have searched all over the web and cannot find detailed information on this. I need to know so i can understand and accept my fathers death.

Thank you in advance
Monica
I am sorry for your loss. Cardio-pulmonary arrest means that the heart has stopped beating and the breathing also stopped. It is a fairly common term used as a description of the cause of death. I hope this helps you to work through this sad time.
hi cad=rdio-pulmonary arrrest is when a peopson is in full arrest meaning they have no =vital signes in either breathing or heart beat as a result the patient may not live unless they cna get them back.  

joanna
Thank you for your reply to  my question.

Monica
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker