Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest, Rib, Armpit pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Chest, Rib, Armpit pain
As of just recently I began to notice slight pain in my left armpit down the left side of my breast and ending a few inches lower by my ribs.  I had an injured wrist a year ago, dequervain tenonsynovitis in my left wrist. I had a steroid shot for that and a year later it has come back. I havent went back to get another shot but I am trying to use less of that hand/arm.  Could my pain be from my old wrist problems? It is spring time in the Rockies or could it just be allergies. I am 20 years old and healthy as of my last check up. Also notice that my eyes have begun to literally cry on their own and this has never happened before. I'll be walking through the mall and my eyes just fill with tears.
It is very unlikely that the pain you describe is due to the deQuervain Tenosynovitis.  From your description, the pain is most likely from muscular strain or nerve compression.  There is a bundle of nerves in the arm-pit called the brachial plexus.  Injury to one or more of these nerves can cause pain and/or loss of sensation.  More commonly, such pain is due to nerve root compression in the neck or upper thorax.  If this pain persists after a week or 2 of resting the left arm and shoulder, you would do best to see a neurologist.

As for your eyes tearing, that could be allergic or, if you are feeling sad, from depression.

Good luck.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker