Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest Cramps

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Chest Cramps

For the past 2 months, I have been getting what I think are Chest CRAMPS on either the right or left side,, nearly daily.  It cramps a few inches below my armpit down to the last rib and across halfway to the sternum.   This can happen when I am laying down and then getting up,,or just moving around,,or as I wake up and stretch, it'll cramp on one side or the other.  Most of the time it goes away quickly but have had several bouts where it lingers for up to an hour.  When it does cramp, I have pain and limited movement because of the pain in that area.  Also, it will cramp when I am just laying on my side.   My weight is 280, and my doctor a while back said I was borderline diabetic.  Would this have anything to do with the cramping/pain I am getting.  What could cause the continual cramping/pain.  It feels like its under the ribs on either side when it happens, towards the side of my body...
Ths sounds like rib or muscular pain.  I would have your physician perform a good physicial examination to see if he/she can stimulate and identify the source of the pain.  It is possible that anti-inflammatory medications will take care of this, but the cause needs to be identified.