Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest Pain in the morning?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Chest Pain in the morning?
Sex- Male
Age- 26
Asthmatic since i was born
Meds- 100/50 Advair x2 daily, 10mg Singuliar nightly before bed

Problem- For the last 5-6 years or for as long as i can remember now every morning when i wake up i have pain in my chest mostly the left side.  It also hurts to breathe deep.   The pain seems to go away after an hour or so.  Any help would be great!  Thanks :)
This pain is probably related to your sleeping position.  I recommend that you use 1 or 2 pillows to modify your sleep position.  I would begin by moving to the prone (face-down) position if you currently sleep in the supine position and vice versa.  The next thing to try is sleeping left side to right or vice versa.  Then sleeping propped up by 1, 2 or 3 pillows.

This is not something one sees with asthma and so is likely unrelated.

If you have never had a chest x-ray, that should be done.
A related discussion, there is no cure was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker