Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest Pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest Pain

HI, about a month ago I got the flu for 3 days and a few days after that I got the congestion and bad cough well the cough is gone and I have chest pain it has lasted a month it is a squeezing, pinching, sometimes a cool feeling in the center, sometimes it squeezes and sometimes it feels like pressure, it's worse when I wake up in the morning, when I turn certain ways it hurts. It feels like my center chest needs to pop but doesn't, like when I tighten my chest muscles it hurts.
I have had xrays and blood work done and the doctors say there is nothing there. Can you please help me.
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
With the normal x-rays and blood work, your pain is almost certainly due to a muscle problem.  It reflects muscle or ligament strain or a rib fracture.
5 Comments
Blank
I have the exact same chest pain that maddy77 is having.  It is always on the left side, and if i lift up my left arm, the pain becomes more intense.  It feels like I have a big bubble in my chest/ lungs that needs to be popped, but if i take a deep breath to try and pop it, it hurts so bad.  it gets to the point that i become scared to breathe. i have asthma, but i doubt it's a symptom of that.  if there is anyone that is expirencing the same syptoms (symptoms), please let all of us know. thanks
Blank
Maddy here if you find out what this is let me know
Blank
it sounds like you probably pulled your chest muscles with the bad cough...that may take time to resolve.
Blank
I've been trying to think that too but my doctor says no, though it does feel like it.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker