Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest Pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest Pain

I am receiving chest pains in the upper right quadrant of my chest. At first I thought maybe it was just a pulled muscle, but it has now been going on for three days.  I feel it when I lift, bend, and when I take a deep breath. Should I have someone X-Ray my lungs?
242588_tn?1224275300
This is probably a musculoskeletal pain, but you should definitely have a chest x-ray, without delay.
4 Comments
Blank
yes, it would be good to get an X ray. does it feel like a tightness?  It may be a small amount of air has leaked out,  but it could be many things, an X ray is wise.
Blank
I have the same problem, I also thought it was from exercising but it keep comming back at got worse with my inhaler, the spot burns. I went the doctor and had an xray, the xray came back not completeley normal, so the Doc. sent it to a radiologist. She said the was not as white as a cancer xray would look and 8 times out of 10 it is nothing. I also have cronic (chronic) post nasal drip, and have ha acid reflux. She said it could be the esopogus cause the pain. But of course I can only be concerend of cancer, because she said she couln't completly rule it out. I have never smoked so it confuses me why there is anything up with my lungs. What do you think? thanks
Blank
theres so many considerations, smoking is one but there are so many more. can your doctor put you on to a toxicologist? are you tall and thin? often this can cause lung problems in terms of pnemothorax (deflation) and there is often no cause other than your build.  

Blank
A related discussion, mrs was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers