Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Chest Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Chest Pain

I am receiving chest pains in the upper right quadrant of my chest. At first I thought maybe it was just a pulled muscle, but it has now been going on for three days.  I feel it when I lift, bend, and when I take a deep breath. Should I have someone X-Ray my lungs?
This is probably a musculoskeletal pain, but you should definitely have a chest x-ray, without delay.
Avatar n tn
yes, it would be good to get an X ray. does it feel like a tightness?  It may be a small amount of air has leaked out,  but it could be many things, an X ray is wise.
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem, I also thought it was from exercising but it keep comming back at got worse with my inhaler, the spot burns. I went the doctor and had an xray, the xray came back not completeley normal, so the Doc. sent it to a radiologist. She said the was not as white as a cancer xray would look and 8 times out of 10 it is nothing. I also have cronic (chronic) post nasal drip, and have ha acid reflux. She said it could be the esopogus cause the pain. But of course I can only be concerend of cancer, because she said she couln't completly rule it out. I have never smoked so it confuses me why there is anything up with my lungs. What do you think? thanks
Avatar n tn
theres so many considerations, smoking is one but there are so many more. can your doctor put you on to a toxicologist? are you tall and thin? often this can cause lung problems in terms of pnemothorax (deflation) and there is often no cause other than your build.  

A related discussion, mrs was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker