Respiratory Disorders Community
Chest Pressure/ short of breath
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest Pressure/ short of breath

Not sure whats going on. It's been a week now and I feel like i'm not getting enough air. It's not constant but the pressure in my chest is. The pressure is in the center of my chest and slightly to the left. Pressure and some pain increase when I take a deep breath. I do get relief when I am laying down or in a reclined position. I've had chest x-rays, chest ct with contrast, ekg, echo stress and echo bubble test, and some blood work. Everything has come back clear. So what is going on? I've had asthma forever and have acid reflux and I don't think it's either of those. From what I've felt, plus like I said this has been a week straight now. Also if it makes a difference I quit smoking about a month ago. I smoked 1.5 packs a day for 15 years. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks